Wednesday, March 14, 2018

ASSIGNMENT 7 BINGE WATCHING

Binge Watching (Friends)


In simple words, Binge Watching is the practice of watching multiple episodes of a television program in rapid succession. Binge watching is typically done either by means of DVDs or digital streaming. Binge watching is mostly done by people who watch television online. In other words, binge watching is also called binge-viewing or marathon-viewing. Binge watching also keeps us awake for a long period of time. In February 2014, a survey conducted by Netflix showed that 73% people define binge-watching as "watching 6 episodes or more of the same TV show in one sitting."Along with the rise of media services such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, Binge-watching has also become popular. 61% of the Netflix survey participants said they binge-watch regularly. 64% of the customers binged-watched once during a year. 

I myself love to binge-watch certain shows. Up until now I've binged watched on couple to TV shows such as Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Keeping Up With The Kardashians and The Vampire Diaries. These are some of the shows I have binged watched on before. But among all these, Friends is one show that I will never stop binge-watching as it is my favorite TV show. I started watching friends way back when I was back home. I came to know about this show through my sister. Ever since then I have always loved watching friends and I still do. All the characters and the story line is very well presented. Most importantly, friends being a comedy series, I love watching it because above all it makes me laugh.


There are altogether 10 seasons of Friends. It was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, which aired on NBC from September 22, 1994 to May 6, 2004. It stars Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and Dvid Schwimmer. Overall, I am a huge fan of this show. I love watching it every now and then and I don't even mind binge-watching it. Among all the 10 seasons, my favorite one has to be season 4 which I am binge-watching on right now. There is a lot that happens in the entire series, but in my opinion, I think there is a bit more happening in season 4.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzql-Y1sP4

Therefore, among all the shows I binge watch, Friends has to be my favorite one. Mainly because Friends is the first ever TV series I started watching. To me, this show is very entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment